Filmed on location at Grenfell Tower by Adrianne McKenzie.
Venue: Bread and Roses, 62 Ebrington Street, PL4 9AF Plymouth
Janine and the Disaffected Middle-aged Women make an appearance at Plymouth's monthly mouth-off at the community hub the Bread and Roses.
1. TUC Disabled Workers' Conference, 24-25 May, Bournemouth
- Motions - The Committee agreed to to support all motions and amendments, except:
- Unison's amendment to Unite's motion on Universal Credit (oppose) - the motion opposes UC; the amendment wants to change this to reforming it
- POA's motion on mental health discrimination (oppose) - the Committee can not support the Time To Change campaign, as it is run by Mind, which collaborates with the DWP
- Community's motion on sustainable supported employment (decision deferred) - the motion proposes promoting a particular company as 'best practice' for the employment of disabled people - we need more information before endorsing this
Janine and the Disaffected MIddle-aged Women turn in a poetic performance alongside the Commie Faggots' satirical singing and David Rovics' anarchist singing.
Venue: Brewers Bar, Hackney
Hi there, it's Ashleigh
from the Daily Mail
I've smelled a story
I'm on the trail
I want to sound street
and your tweets are sick, mate
I'm getting desperate
for some clickbait
Hi there, it's Ashleigh -
you're at the scene
I'm in my office
and I'm really keen
To get a tasty
About some feral,
Janine will be one of the featured performers at this monthly women writers' evening.
Venue: the Discovery Centre, Jewry Street, Winchester, Hants SO23 8SB
POSTPONED: Check back for rescheduled date.
The Disaffected Middle-aged Women join a variety of other acts for an ace evening's entertainment.
Sweet Venues, Brighton.
Venue: Inn Deep, 445 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 8HH
Janine joins Glasgow's popular monthly poetry night to contributes ten minutes of Disaffected Middle-aged Women.
Also published on the Workers' Liberty website here, this is a discussion document which forms the background to agreeing policy in the AWL; the document seeks to reflect the areas where there is substantial consensus, rather than the discrete areas of difference and some differences of emphasis.