Updates on ongoing work
WHAT IS THE ETF?
The European Transport Workers’ Federation, linking transport trade unions across Europe. RMT is one of several UK affiliates.
Its Women’s Committee includes nominees from various countries and sectors. I am a member of the Committee for the term 2013-2017.
PRIORITY CAMPAIGN 1 – VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN TRANSPORT WORKERS
- LUL Fit for the Future Stations Equality Impact Assessment
- Disability discrimination cases in LUL
- Employers' disability policies
- Proposed employment policy on Autism
- RMT training
- Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC)
- UK Disability History Month
- UN to investigate UK government
- Access to Work survey
- WOW petition
The final part of my report from the European Transport Workers' Federation's Women's Committee meeting held in Berlin on 12-13 October 2015.
Mid-term women's conference.
First part of a three-part report from the meeting of the Europen Transport Workers' Federation's Women's Committee in Berlin, 12-13 October 2015.
Women's health and safety at work
Alexander Kirchner, Chair of German transport trade union EVG, spoke at ETF Women's Committee on 12 October 2015. His two key points were:
1. EU Fourth Railway Package
Protest at Oakwood station
1. Protesting against attacks on disabled people. The Tories are intensifying their assault on disabled people's rights, particularly access to benefits. I will be circulating information about protests and other events in and around London. Please look out for these and encourage members to take part.
UPDATE ON PREVIOUS ISSUES
Women Working at Antwerp Port
Having begun working as a receptionist in 1975, Monique Verbeeck is the first female secretary of the Belgian port union, BTB. She is also the ITF and ETF women port workers’ representative. Monique introduced a deputation of women union activists from the Port of Antwerp, who addressed the meeting and took us on a visit to the port.