TUC Disabled Workers' Committee
I was elected to this Committee in 2013 and each year since. The Disability section of the TUC's website is here.
by Janine Booth, co-Chair, TUC Disabled Workers’ Committee
For several years, disability rights has seemed the most intractable of issues to fight on.
Updates on ongoing work
- LUL Fit for the Future Stations Equality Impact Assessment
- Disability discrimination cases in LUL
- Employers' disability policies
- Proposed employment policy on Autism
- RMT training
- Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC)
- UK Disability History Month
- UN to investigate UK government
- Access to Work survey
- WOW petition
Protest at Oakwood station
Janine giving a speech at the Sussex Labour Representation Committee (LRC) fringe meeting at TUC Congress 2015. The subject of the meeting was fighting austerity and defending trade union rights.
At Congress House, London
1. Protesting against attacks on disabled people. The Tories are intensifying their assault on disabled people's rights, particularly access to benefits. I will be circulating information about protests and other events in and around London. Please look out for these and encourage members to take part.
First meeting of the newly-elected Committee - planning the almighty batle we face to defend and extend disabled workers' rights.