TUC Disabled Workers Committee
I was elected to this Committee in 2013 and each year since (except 2020-21). The Disability section of the TUC's website is here.
Contact me: email@example.com
1. Disabled People Against Cuts held a week of action to coincide with the Paralympic Games. During the week, DPAC attended our Southern Rail picket line. Disabled campaigners have compiled a report alleging that Southern's plans to remove guards breach the Equality Act in making its services less accessible to disabled passengers.
TUC Disabled Workers' Committee will meet at TUC Congress House, carrying out the decisions of the recent Disabled Workers' Conference and planning to step up the fight for disabled workers' rights.
On 19 May 2016, TUC Disabled Workers' Conference hosted the Labour Party's Disability Equality Roadshow. Shadow Minister for Disabled People Debbie Abrahams introduced herself and the roadshow's aims, then listened as delegates told her what we want. Various policy areas were discussed, with an introduction from a member of the TUC Disabled Workers' Committee and contributions from delegates.
- LUL Fit for the Future Stations Equality Impact Assessment
- Disability discrimination cases in LUL
- Employers' disability policies
- Proposed employment policy on Autism
- RMT training
- Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC)
- UK Disability History Month
- UN to investigate UK government
- Access to Work survey
- WOW petition