Politics and Protest
Boris Johnson nominates
the President of the United States
He says the Nobel Prize for Peace
should go to Donald Trump
But that joker has been played before
No satire in it any more
Irony died, doesn't he see?
when Kissinger won it in seventy-three
1. TUC Disabled Workers' Conference, 24-25 May, Bournemouth
- Motions - The Committee agreed to to support all motions and amendments, except:
- Unison's amendment to Unite's motion on Universal Credit (oppose) - the motion opposes UC; the amendment wants to change this to reforming it
- POA's motion on mental health discrimination (oppose) - the Committee can not support the Time To Change campaign, as it is run by Mind, which collaborates with the DWP
- Community's motion on sustainable supported employment (decision deferred) - the motion proposes promoting a particular company as 'best practice' for the employment of disabled people - we need more information before endorsing this
A short, satirical poem about Henry Bolton's fall from grace, performed by Janine Booth at Ealing TUC's International Women's Day celebration on 8 March 2018.
<Sarcasm alert> Today, in an astonishing piece of investigative journalism, the Sunday Times shocks the world with the revelation, based entirely on material already in the public sphere, that I am really quite left wing and that other left-wing members of a left-wing party do not object to this. Whatever next, I ask?!
Click the pic for the full and shocking details ...
You were flirting with a racist in a cocktail bar
When I met you
I picked you up, I turned and you walked out on your wife
It really was quite easy to do
Then two months later on my racist texts were exposed
Embarrassing as fuck for you
But don't forget that UKIP put you where you are now
And they can put you back down too
Made its billions
Now its debt is so big, its account’s in vermillion
With coldness reptilian
It dumps on civilians
Rides off into sunset; the Tories ride pillion
If it were not so serious, it would be vaudevillian
When history tells of mighty kings
Who's working wonders in the wings?
Fighting battles, changing things?
Disaffected Middle-Aged Women!
In 1848 they came
To Seneca Falls to stake their claim
Mature and bolshy, never tame -
Disaffected Middle-aged Women!
The government's consultation on transport accessibility has extended its deadline to Wednesday 22 November. Anyone can submit their views.