Updates on ongoing work
Action against discrimination.
- LUL Fit for the Future Stations Equality Impact Assessment
- Disability discrimination cases in LUL
- Employers' disability policies
- Proposed employment policy on Autism
- RMT training
- Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC)
- UK Disability History Month
- UN to investigate UK government
- Access to Work survey
- WOW petition
Protest at Oakwood station
1. Protesting against attacks on disabled people. The Tories are intensifying their assault on disabled people's rights, particularly access to benefits. I will be circulating information about protests and other events in and around London. Please look out for these and encourage members to take part.
Campaigners fear that government “pilot schemes” to “help unemployed people with mental health problems find work” will lead to people being bullied off benefits and will not address the causes of mental ill-health.
Save the Independent Living Fund
The Independent Living Fund provides funding for severely disabled people to live independently in their own homes and participate in society — so it's an obvious target for the Tory-LibDem government to cut!
The first two-day RMT Disabled Members' Conference, to be held in sunny Southend-on-Sea.
Details available soon.
Report from the 2013 TUC Disabled Workers' Conference, published in Solidarity 287, 29 May 2013
This year's TUC Disabled Workers' Conference roundly condemned government attacks on disability rights, and pledged action against cuts in jobs and benefits.