Updates on ongoing work
On 13 January, I addressed Hackney's Health and Wellbeing Board as part of its Patient Voice agenda item, discussing provision for autistic adults in the Borough. Rather belatedly, Hackney is now considering a draft plan to implement its duties under the Autism Act. Here's what I said ...
The fragments from a previous wound
Dance around and wait their chance
To shoot a sharp reminder
That they have never gone away
And that which does not kill me does not
Always make me stronger
Ev'ry step brings pain but still
It beats just sitting feeling less
Distressed but more defeated
Three years ago, at the age of 45, I was diagnosed as autistic. It made complete sense to me, like being short-sighted all my life and finally getting a pair of glasses!
- LUL Fit for the Future Stations Equality Impact Assessment
- Disability discrimination cases in LUL
- Employers' disability policies
- Proposed employment policy on Autism
- RMT training
- Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC)
- UK Disability History Month
- UN to investigate UK government
- Access to Work survey
- WOW petition
Caused by what fors and closed doors
Something's up on the upper floors
Down on all fours
Looking for an explanation
Must be caused by vaccination
Caused by flaws or some mutation
Looking for the insanity clause
Looking for an injury claim
Looking for someone or something to blame
Protest at Oakwood station
At Congress House, London
1. Protesting against attacks on disabled people. The Tories are intensifying their assault on disabled people's rights, particularly access to benefits. I will be circulating information about protests and other events in and around London. Please look out for these and encourage members to take part.
Janine performing 'Manifesto from Behind the Mask', a poem about being autistic and try to fit into society, and about how society might change to make it easier for autistic people to fit in.
This performance was recorded at the launch of the DIRT poetry pamphlet, at the Betsey Trotwood in London, in June 2015.