Venue: Congress House, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LS
Supporting you to support your learners
Unionlearn has long promoted the benefits of workplace learning and this event aims to help Reps explore ways to encourage learning for health, both physical and mental as well as discovering learning opportunities for health and well-being.
For years, health and well-being has been an integral part of union campaign work and this event will provide reps with a policy update and an introduction to new resources to enable them to develop a strategic approach to learning.
This event will introduce and update you on priority areas and resources available to support you in your role. This will include:
* Unionlearn update: Liz Rees, Unionlearn Director
* Well-being in the workplace: Hugh Robertson, TUC Senior Policy Officer
* Cancer in the workplace: Caroline Milton and Cerys Bartley
* Building Dementia Carer Friendly Workplaces: Mary Sherwood
* Equality & Mental Health: Peter Purton, Policy Officer
* Autism in the workplace: Janine Booth
* Supporting Learners Resources: Louisa Smith
* Dementia awareness and Understanding
* Stress Busting
* Building Dementia Carer Friendly Workplaces and the Met Office pilot case study
* Stress Busting
* Autism in the workplace
If you would like to Tweet about this event, please include the briefing hashtag: #ULHWB16
Registration will be at 10am with the briefing commencing at 10.30am. Lunch will be provided and unionlearn are not responsible for reimbursing any travel costs associated with your attendance on the day.
If you are a rep, please make sure that you have permission from your relevant Trade Union Officer to attend.
To reserve your place please go here and click on the relevant date.
For further details, or if you would like to raise a topic for discussion, please email Jane Warwick.
Please sign up as soon as possible, as there is always a high demand to attend these events. We have limited space and want to try to ensure everyone can be accommodated.