That National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers (UK). I have been a member since 1997, and served on the union's national executive 2011-13.
Contact me: email@example.com
1. Disabled People Against Cuts held a week of action to coincide with the Paralympic Games. During the week, DPAC attended our Southern Rail picket line. Disabled campaigners have compiled a report alleging that Southern's plans to remove guards breach the Equality Act in making its services less accessible to disabled passengers.
... with a nod to W.H.Auden's The Night Train ...
Election of co-Chair: Sean McGovern, the Disabled Workers' representative on TUC General Council, chairs the Committee. I was re-elected unopposed as co-Chair for another year.
Action on Resolutions from Disabled Workers Conference
I am a railway woman, love my job
I take you there and back, I take your fare
Sometimes behind the scenes, sometimes you’ll see me
I fix the track or operate the signal
I clean the station, guard or drive the train
And when you need me, here I am to help.
On 19 May 2016, TUC Disabled Workers' Conference hosted the Labour Party's Disability Equality Roadshow. Shadow Minister for Disabled People Debbie Abrahams introduced herself and the roadshow's aims, then listened as delegates told her what we want. Various policy areas were discussed, with an introduction from a member of the TUC Disabled Workers' Committee and contributions from delegates.
- The opening address stressed the importance of women workers organising in a male-dominated industry and the context of women's struggles in a time of austerity and terrorism.
- There was a minute’s silence for the victims of terror attacks.
- ATU (Romanian union federation) President expressed his support for women's representation in trade unions, describing this as a hard-fought battle that was yet to be fully won.
- Summary of ETF Women’s work over last few years: training, campaigns, organising women transport workers.